I-895 Connector, Richmond, VA
· ECS provided the construction materials Quality Assurance (QA) testing for the soils, concrete and pavement with full time VDOT certified inspectors.
· Periodically, the concrete pours are in excess of 500 yards and are routinely poured during extended shifts beginning at 2:00am.
· The project required 286,000 cubic yards of concrete for the bridge and bridge supports.
· Approximately 1,000,000 cubic yards of soil will be placed, most requiring compaction testing
· The project involves:
Ê Two MSE retaining walls
15 bridge structures spanning primary/secondary roads including I-95,
· ECS conducted 140 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) in support of right of way acquisitions
· ECS provided the soils investigations in support of the wetlands mitigation plan.
© 2019. All Rights Reserved. Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd.