Marriott Inner Harbor East Hotel, Baltimore, MD
The Marriott Inner Harbor East
Hotel is a $135 million, 32-story waterfront hotel with 765 rooms and gross
area of 620,000 square feet. Designed by
Cooper Carry, Inc. of
· ECS was awarded the superstructure construction-phase contract through a qualifications-based selection process primarily due to performance on previous Inner Harbor East projects and the experience of the project team members.
· ECS performed pre-construction consulting for constructability of deep foundations system.
· ECS provided observation of reinforcing steel and concrete sampling and testing for foundation system grade beams as well as for the 32 story cast-in-place structural frame.
· ECS performed transport, laboratory curing, and compressive strength testing for cylinder test specimens.
· ECS performed structural steel observation and testing.
· ECS performed observation of building envelope systems including precast and window walls for bolted and welded structural connections.
· The 32-story cast-in-place structural frame was constructed on a fast-track basis using concrete strengths up to 8000 PSI and state-of-the-art formwork systems.
© 2019. All Rights Reserved. Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd.