Federal Correctional Institution, Bennettsville, SC
The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in
· Numerous pre-engineered and pre-cast concrete structures
· Miles of underground utilities
· Storm water detention/retention facilities
· ECS provided services:
Ê Final geotechnical exploration
Ê Value engineering analyses
Ê Site specific seismic hazard testing
Ê Reinforced earth slope design
Ê Quality assurance representative for Hensel Phelps Construction Co. during earthwork and foundations
Ê Construction materials testing and engineering
· ECS provided geotechnical engineering and subsurface investigation services prior to construction. The testing programs included conventional soil test borings, test pits, pressuremeter testing, and comprehensive laboratory testing
· ECS also provided construction materials testing during the pre-construction and construction phases.
· ECS designed geosynthetic steepened earth slopes to avoid long term stability and maintenance of berms for the firing ranges. ECS maintained a full service on laboratory at each site to perform basic soils, masonry and concrete testing
© 2019. All Rights Reserved. Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd.